Cake Development Corporation was established in 2007 by Larry Masters, one of the founders of CakePHP. CakeDC provides professional development and consultancy services for a range of business needs, including startups, e-commerce and enterprise level corporations.
Besides being experts behind the CakePHP framework, the team is backed by 50 years of combined experience. The team is highly talented, extremely approachable and work as a focused team when putting forward any piece of work.
When the company was developed, the proposal was simple: to create a commercial entity that allows people to live and breathe CakePHP, doing what they love day-to-day, while also providing everyone with a means.
Did we mention that we are based all over the world? Working remotely? – it’s one of the many benefits you sign into when working for CakeDC. We're an international team that offers commercial support and professional training for one of the most popular PHP frameworks used by developers around the world.
But being based all over the world, we do look for key individuals to work with us. Some of the key aspects we look for in the ideal candidate include:
- Good track history of Work Commitment and demonstrates good work ethic
- Someone with full knowledge and/or experience of a full development cycle
- Someone that demonstrates that they have good team spirit and takes initiatives
- Ensuring they fulfill the qualifications outlined in the job post
For us at Cake Development Corporation, we feel that working remotely affords our employees a variety of benefits. Below are some of the main benefits from our team working remotely vs. being all centrally located.
- With Remote employees we tend to have a lot more personal satisfaction which drives us to be independent.
- Being based remotely, you obtain good results because the commitment is not pressuring for time, and being confined or distracted in a room with persons that may pose these issues.
- We find that being a remote employee usually leads to being goal oriented and having the will to take the risk in working for as long as they want. Leaving the option be compensated for every hour of it and also doing exactly what they want.
- Remote employees tend to be more productive as they are working in a conducive environment suited to their specific and individual needs.
At the Cake Development Corporation, we look out for employees who show
- Honesty and accountability
- If Experienced, Demonstrate that experience
The distance doesn’t come in the way of getting to know our team or in the way of delivery impeccable work – with daily chats, catchups and integration tools, the team functions just like any other! CakeDC is on the forefront of modern organisations, recruiting top software developers and delivering top notch solutions to their clients!
We are a dynamic company based on meritocracy, where everyone is given the opportunity to make an impact on the various levels and disciplines of the business, as well as playing a key role in the CakePHP community as the commercial entity behind the framework - the opportunity for growth is endless.
And we haven’t even really gone into the real company benefits.. At CakeDC, everyone is appreciated, recognised and given the space and opportunity to grow.
Some of our many benefits include:
- 100% flexible work schedules, you are given the choice to define your hours of availability, 36 hours minimum required per week..
- Remote working environment with an international team and clients.
- The opportunity to Engage in paid open source projects, becoming an integral part of the development of the community. At CakeDC, all developers work 20% of their (paid development) time on open source projects.
- Annual performance based bonuses.
- Paid Parental Leave. Up to 16 weeks maternity leave and up to 6 weeks paternity leave, at 100% paid salary. Single fathers, or primary caregivers, can also take up to 16 weeks.
- Available vacation time:
- 10 days working days (not including weekends) per year. A minimum time of 12 months working at the company is required to take vacation.
- 20 days working days (not including weekends) per year. A minimum time of 24 months working at the company is required to take vacation.
- 30 working days (not including weekends) per year.A minimum time of 36 months working at the company is required to take vacation.
- Christmas and New years are Company Paid Vacations.
- Team outings and meetups – Don’t think that because this team is based internationally that we don’t know each other. We know the importance of getting together once in awhile, so we have annual meet ups!
- A fully paid for IDE (PHPStorm) licence to assist you with our work and make your life a little easier.
So how do you know if you are right to apply to be a part of CakeDC?
Well, if you aren’t shy, you know your stuff (Web application development, object orientated analysis and design, and of course, knowledge of CakePHP), are willing to put yourself out there and learn, and have a zest for life – then we are the right place for you!