Web apps, web applications, website applications - all terms that you have probably heard thrown around. But why should you be in the ‘web app’ know and why is it important that you have a working solution (in the form of a web application) for your business?
Web applications, in simplified terms, are dynamic web sites combined with a server side backend, providing functionalities such as interacting with users, building databases, generating information or databases for users etc. There are a wide variety of functionalities - if you can think it, you will be able to build an app to do it (especially with the expert services of our development team!).
There are two main technology categories for creating web apps, client side scripting and server side scripting.
Here are some common Client Side Scripting technologies:
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language)
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
While here are the common Server Side Scripting technologies:
- PHP (very common Server Side Scripting language - Linux / Unix based Open Source - free redistribution, usually combines with MySQL database)
- ASP.NET (Microsoft's Web Application Framework - successor of ASP)
- Perl (general purpose high-level programming language and Server Side Scripting Language - free redistribution - lost its popularity to PHP)
- Python (general purpose high-level programming language and Server Side Scripting language - free redistribution)
Web application frameworks are sets of libraries, components and tools organized in an architecture system which allows developers to build and maintain applications with a fast and efficient manner. CakePHP is one such framework.
So why does CakeDC stand by CakePHP - for that precise reason, CakePHP is a tool that allows us to deliver your vision efficiently.
But why are we app’s becoming more popular for businesses
- They help create a professional online presence;
- Get the reach to customers;
- Create multi layer/multi category customer journeys
- Flexibility and versatility offered by web applications