CakePHP Senior Developer
Marcelo Rocha is an analytical thinker fascinated by web and mobile technologies, focused on development and software analysis. He has been working with CakePHP for more than 8 years, and is connected to software development since 2007. Worked in many projects for a variety of clients as developer and leading developer, always focused to delivery software well designed, tested and with best quality in a agile manner. Marcelo is a happy citizen from São Paulo, Brazil where he proudly graduated from FATEC - Jundiaí.
+1 (702) 425-5085
We don't subscribe to the typical corporate models. We even do our very hardest to strip ourselves and everything of it. We don't rank or label the members of our team in any way. There's no salary scale, no objectives or bonuses, no special benefits or executive packages.
More importantly, CakeDC is a meritocracy, where everything earnt is based on merit and demonstrable skill. We're also democratic, so decisions are made as a team. At the heart, the company is run very much like an Open Source project. So, if you lead, you're the leader. Over time, everyone ends up fitting in the place they fit best.
When Larry created the company his proposal was simple: to create a commercial entity which allows people to live and breathe CakePHP, doing what they love day-to-day, while also providing everyone with a means to support their financial obligations. Simple.
You will join the elite team established by Larry Masters, the founder of CakePHP, and work side-by-side with other members to develop a variety of amazing, high profile projects.
- Remote working environment with an international team and clients
- 100% flexible schedule, you define your hours of availability
- Free-to-work as many hours as you want on projects per week
- Salary based on merit and commensurate with experience
Technical Skills Needed:
- Expert knowledge of CakePHP
- 2+ years experience in web application development
- 2+ years experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller pattern
- Experience with database design and implementation
- Experience with unit tests
- IT qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good team player, who is self motivated and well organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about open-source, improving skills and sharing knowledge
Desired but not required:
- Experience with C++, Java, Objective-C, ActionScript
What to expect:
The successful candidates can look forward to working in a dynamic company based on meritocracy,
where everyone is given the opportunity to make an impact on the various levels and disciplines of the
business, as well as playing a key role in the CakePHP community as the commercial entity behind the
framework - the opportunity for growth is endless.