CakeDC Sales & Marketing Manager / CakePHP Community Manager
Amanda has over 12 years of marketing and management experience. She serves as our Sales & Marketing Director as well as a Project Manager. Amanda is very involved with the CakePHP community, serving as Community Manager. Amanda keeps the open line of communication between clients, customers, and businesses to keep projects on track. She has experience in management, team building, consultancy and strategic implementation. Amanda has been with CakeDC for 4 years.
+1 (702) 425-5085
We don't subscribe to the typical corporate models. We even do our very hardest to strip ourselves and everything of it. We don't rank or label the members of our team in any way. There's no salary scale, no objectives or bonuses, no special benefits or executive packages.
More importantly, CakeDC is a meritocracy, where everything earnt is based on merit and demonstrable skill. We're also democratic, so decisions are made as a team. At the heart, the company is run very much like an Open Source project. So, if you lead, you're the leader. Over time, everyone ends up fitting in the place they fit best.
When Larry created the company his proposal was simple: to create a commercial entity which allows people to live and breathe CakePHP, doing what they love day-to-day, while also providing everyone with a means to support their financial obligations. Simple.
You will join the elite team established by Larry Masters, the founder of CakePHP, and work side-by-side with other members to develop a variety of amazing, high profile projects.
- Remote working environment with an international team and clients
- 100% flexible schedule, you define your hours of availability
- Free-to-work as many hours as you want on projects per week
- Salary based on merit and commensurate with experience
Technical Skills Needed:
- Expert knowledge of CakePHP
- 2+ years experience in web application development
- 2+ years experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller pattern
- Experience with database design and implementation
- Experience with unit tests
- IT qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good team player, who is self motivated and well organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about open-source, improving skills and sharing knowledge
Desired but not required:
- Experience with C++, Java, Objective-C, ActionScript
What to expect:
The successful candidates can look forward to working in a dynamic company based on meritocracy,
where everyone is given the opportunity to make an impact on the various levels and disciplines of the
business, as well as playing a key role in the CakePHP community as the commercial entity behind the
framework - the opportunity for growth is endless.